Sunday 8 March 2020

Production Status Update

Casting 

I have decided to lower the number of characters in my filming to just the two actors. Dom will play the role of Mechanic B and I will play the role of Mechanic A (I am still thinking of names for the two). I have several people lined up to shoot the film as a cameraman, and I may have multiple ones to get a wider variety of shots.

Scenes

Depending on how the film progresses and because of the two-minute time limit, I may adjust some scenes and dialogue. For example, the "fight" scene cannot be too detailed because it could take up a lot of valuable time that could be focused on shots featuring the car, and the conversations between the two mechanics. I also am considering removing the fake gun from the fight for safety reasons during filming. Over the next few days, I will make my final decisions on these issues and post about them on the blog.

Script

I have completed a rough draft of the script, which can be viewed here. A final draft will be published next week.

Film Title

I am still thinking of titles for the film. I will post several options during the week including art styles for it, and finalize my decision early next week.

Car

I have selected the vehicle I will be using for the car mechanic A wishes to steal. It is my 1999 Toyota Corolla CE. The car is old and very beaten up (but for the sake of the movie we will treat it like a sports car) and will be shown in the garage scenes and will be used to perform the handbrake turns. Here are some images of the car:



No comments:

Post a Comment